Walailak University arranged the preparation activity to COOP student before real-working life
Cooperative education is a critical component in preparing students to work with quality. Walailak University now requires students who are required to participate in the cooperative education program to complete the cooperative preparation course. The cooperative preparation course aims to prepare and support students in becoming work–ready through collaboration between teachers and a special guest from the workplace. By developing under the COVID 19 pandemic, the Center for Cooperative Education and Career Development has modernized this course to keep up with changes in society and technology.
The teaching management for cooperative education preparation course in Semester 3/2021
1. A semester from 12 January – 30 March 2022 with the duration of 12 weeks. Classes are held every Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
2. Due to the Covid19 pandemic 214 Students from 11 curricula enroll in this course.
3. The course was divided into three sections: 1. classroom teaching for two sessions; 2. online teaching via ZOOM Cloud Meeting for four sessions; and 3. Thai MOOC online teaching system for six sessions.
The activities were divided into the following sessions. The first two sessions hosted by Dr. Atanan Techopisanwong, Director of the Center for Cooperative Education and Career Development, lecturing on Cooperative Education Philosophy, and Ms. Phakanit Osponpan, Skills Development for Student Career Department, and invited special speakers on four topics:
1. How to write a great resume? How a new grad can get a job? by Mr. Jarinya Masarun from Super Resume Co., Ltd.Ltd. (Jobtopgun.com) was held on January 26, 2022. The contents consist of job application techniques and tips, techniques for recruiting people from the human resources department, and an online resume workshop.
2. On February 2, 2022, Ms. Pimporn Watakee (Nora), Executive and Owner of the Flight Attendance Academy, and Stewart Hatyai share job application techniques, job interviews, and job inspiration. The speaker shared her enjoyable job application, job interview, and real–world work experiences with Singapore Airlines.
3. On February 9, 2022, Mr. Arthit Thongkham (Kin), Culture Excellence Manager, Bitkub Capital Group Holdings Company Limited, presented “New Gen Career and the Road to Becoming a Unicorn,” which was co–organized by Southern Science Park Walailak University. The content demonstrates ideas and inspiration for startup entrepreneurship, understanding and adapting to global change, and the factors that contribute to success in becoming a unicorn.
4. “From Senior to Junior Sharing Cooperative Education Experience to the Real Working” by Mr. Sorawit Limopas Poolsawat, alumni of Liberal Arts School was held on February 23, 2022. The speakers exchanged cooperative education experiences from the American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand to work and study abroad, Mr. Sorawit is currently graduating with a Ph.D. from the University of East London by researching of the collaboration between non–profit organizations in Thailand and multinational corporations.
The Center for Cooperative Education and Career Development has developed lessons in the Thai MOOC for the academic year 2021, which are two subjects:
• WU005 prepare cooperative education
• WU025 Cooperative Education and Skills Development in the 21st Century
The topics of self–study on the MOOC which consist of
- Life and Career Planning
- Writing a resume in English.
- Work ethics
- Safety at work.
- 21st Century Work Skills
- Presentation with modern media.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation development ideas.
- English and a third language usage in cooperative education
- Online browsing
The Center for Cooperative Education has been committed to making significant and continuous improvements in the preparation of co–operative education for students to be ready and perform in ways that will benefit students’ learning. Furthermore, the cooperative education preparation course aims to prepare students to perform satisfactorily in the workplace. As a result, cooperative education becomes a mechanism that generates long–term benefits for all parties involved.